[TriLUG] No more Linux on WRT54G???

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:03:14 EST 2005

On 11/15/05, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:

> The strength of IBM was seen in the huge cash cow of its market share
> in REAL computers. The 360->370 architecture and it's descendants
> ruled the roost. There were some in IBM who thought that the PC
> needed to be warped (no not that warp which came later) to fit better
> into that world. This led to such further huge successes <G> as the
> PC/XT370 and PC/XT3270. If anyone else remembers those, I might want
> to sign you up for my computer trivia team.

Wow, I remember the PC/XT3270. We had one in the office I worked in at my
University. If I remember correctly, it was a channel attached terminal
device an ISA card. We never used it for anything more than a dumb terminal,
but I much preferred the old 3278s.

In my first group I ever worked in at Cisco, we the RS/6000 equivalent of
the PC/XT370 - don't remember the model, but it ran MVS on a coprocessor.
Fairly nifty if you're into mainframes. I never went beyond 370 assemply and
a little bit 'o REXX.

--Reggie