[TriLUG] Mirror remote website

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:56:13 EST 2005

I would like to mirror a website secured by https to a local directory on my
server. Does anyone know of a good way to do this? I have been using rsync
rather heavily between servers internally but am not having any luck with it
in this scenario. I also tried pavuk but to be honest I cannot seem to make
sense of the man file. Here is what I need:

Mirror remote https website (password protected) --> Local mirror of website

Are there any relatively easy ways to do this?