[TriLUG] pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)

Howard Boyd II boyd at qualexphoto.com
Mon Nov 28 10:19:03 EST 2005

After seeing a recent post about CentOS, I thought I would give it a
try. I have downloaded both the 3.6-i386 and 2.1-i386 isos and burned
them to disk. When I boot from the first disc of either version and
attempt a graphical install, I get the following message repeated on the
screen: "pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)".

The system I'm attempting to install to is an IBM NetVista that only
has USB for both keyboard and mouse. I've googled for a solution and
have found others with this problem but haven't been able to find a
solution to the problem. Any suggestions on how I can get CentOS
installed on this system?

*    In my dreams, your dreams come true.
*    Song: In My Dreams
*    Artist: Josh Turner
*    CD: Long Black Train