[TriLUG] pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)

Howard Boyd II boyd at qualexphoto.com
Mon Nov 28 14:13:09 EST 2005

Brian -

You were right. If I didn't bail out on the install and just let the
"pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)" message continue to scroll, it
eventually went away and the install proceeded. Thanks,

Howard

***********************************
*    In my dreams, your dreams come true.
*    Song: In My Dreams
*    Artist: Josh Turner
*    CD: Long Black Train
***********************************

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 10:19:03AM -0500, Howard Boyd II wrote:
> After seeing a recent post about CentOS, I thought I would give it a
> try. I have downloaded both the 3.6-i386 and 2.1-i386 isos and
burned
> them to disk. When I boot from the first disc of either version and
> attempt a graphical install, I get the following message repeated on
the
> screen: "pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)".
>
> The system I'm attempting to install to is an IBM NetVista that only
> has USB for both keyboard and mouse. I've googled for a solution and
> have found others with this problem but haven't been able to find a
> solution to the problem. Any suggestions on how I can get CentOS
> installed on this system?

We have some Netvista USB-only units that show the same behavior.  If
you let it
keep going, it will boot after a few minutes of displaying those
errors. (at
least FC3 will)

--Brian

--
I think my life is fuller because I realize
that I don't know what I'm doing.

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net