[TriLUG] preferred RBLs?

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:11:06 EST 2005

We use the following (copied from main.cf on our gateway server):

   reject_rbl_client   sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,
   reject_rbl_client   bl.spamcop.net,
   reject_rbl_client   list.dsbl.org,
   reject_rbl_client   relays.ordb.org,
   reject_rbl_client   spam.dnsrbl.net,
   reject_rbl_client   combined.njabl.org,
   reject_rbl_client   vox.schpider.com,
   #reject_rbl_client   dnsbl.sorbs.net,

We stopped using sorbs because of their propensity to blacklist entire ISP's
(like mindspring or gmail) because of a few offenders.  They also require
legitimate senders pay a fee (donation) to be removed from their service.
When we stopped using sorbs.net several long standing issues went away
immediately.