[TriLUG] December's Meeting

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:37:38 EST 2005

> >...help feed the less fortune this holiday
> > season.
>
> the-machine:/usr/games> less fortune
> "fortune" may be a binary file.  See it anyway? n
> the-machine:/usr/games>
>
> I think that's the problem; it's not a script.

Although it's tempting to attempt to generate some combination of
commands to humorously portray the Holiday Food Drive, the sentiment
is perhaps better conveyed by a quote from Stephen Schaefer
(ncsa-steer mailing list, Oct 17, 2005).

"Concerning the food drive: I am very much in favor of feeding the
hungry; although feeding the hungry is not an explicit part of the
NC*SA "charter" (Article I, Section 2) I argue that no one is an
island, and that the pursuit of an unmitigated good cannot but
"advance the practice of computer system administration in North
Carolina and other areas" by advancing the well being of humanity in
general; and perhaps more specifically by demonstrating that the
practice of system administration is performed by people of good
will."

I hope that everyone who reads this list and attends the TriLUG
meetings will find that they fit that description regardless of their
specific profession.  See you there.

Matt Frye