[TriLUG] Linux version of WRT54G back

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:58:42 EST 2005

Wait a minute.. now that I was so happy I responded to basically the
same e-mail twice (though in my defense I thought I trashed this first
response before sending the second) I'm a little worried.

I really hope that the version that Linksys is going to ship is NOT
second generation V4 box that had the patched binary that would not
allow tftp code uploads.  I managed to resell my v.4 w/patched binary
before cracking it so I don't know if it was possible or not.  I
suppose we'll have to wait for the first person to order one and try
it out.  I'll be waiting and wondering until then.

I'd sure like to see "boot_wait" on by default on the "GL" unit.

At least I got a slightly warm/fuzzy from the following line:

Dhillon adds, "We still wanted to have a Linux SKU for the Linux
audience. In general, we want to make sure our Linux community is
protected."

Greg

ttp://www.celebratethecircle.org/