[TriLUG] Linux and iTunes, what are my choices?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:02:21 EST 2005

Well, it is nearly time to "tech refresh" my laptop.  My TiBook is
getting up there in age and showing some signs of long life (won't
write DVDs or CDs anymore, no longer covered by AppleCare, etc).

I'd like an IBM/Lenovo T42 and I'd like to run Ubuntu.  But what about
iTunes?  I know Mark Turner has done quite a bit of work on
this-and-that OS emulated under Linux but has anyone run OS X under
Ubuntu via any platform?  I'd prefer OSS emulation but would purchase
a solution if there were advantages (say, plugging in my iPod and
having iTunes automatically launch within OS X emulated via VMware for
lack of a better example).  In additon to iTunes I'm also hooked on
Pages and Keynote.

Do I have any viable options here?

Greg