[TriLUG] What did the PS in PS/2 stand for?

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Wed Dec 7 21:40:33 EST 2005

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> I had a "remanufactured" IBM PS/1, 486 DX2 class, purchased from the
> short-lived factory outlet store in Morrissville, for almost 7 years.  I
> had no hardware problems (though I did replace the original hard drive
> somewhere along the way).  It was a solid machine, though by the end a 486
> seemed pretty darn slow.  :-)

I still have a few PS/ValuePoints laying around.  I don't know which
ones I still have, I am pretty sure they are all 486 DX2 66 or they have
Pentium Overdrives.  I've used various ValuePoints for years as routers,
and for a while as X terminals (at the time, running their applications
on a dual celeron).

They were rather sturdy machines, and the cases were fairly smallish.

Pat