[TriLUG] OT: Computer Product Brand Names...

Israel J Pattison pattison at usa.com
Wed Dec 7 22:09:06 EST 2005

The conversation about TRS-80 and PS/2, I had to point out that the computer
industry seems plagued by brand names that are easily parodied.  I wonder
why these companies don't think about the nicknames their products will
acquire once they reach the end user.  Here are a few I can think of:

DB/2, PS/2, OS/2:  Half a {computer, database, operating system}
PS/2:  Piece of Snot/2
TRS-80:  Trash-80
Thinkpad:  Stinkpad
Intellistation:  Repellistation
Aptiva:  Craptiva
Logitech:  Logiwreck

Can you think of others?

--
Israel J. Pattison
Raleigh, NC
Email: pattison at usa.com
Web: http://www.fanana.net

"Infinity, dear [friends], extends not only outward, but inward, into each
human heart."  -- Dr. E. Urner Goodman