[TriLUG] FW: Holiday Hardware Party!

John Gilbert JGilbert at unitedwaytriangle.org
Thu Dec 8 14:20:52 EST 2005

Hi all you wonderful techies, geeks, and groupies! Purple Elephant
Computer Factory for Kids is having a hardware party this Saturday from
10-4. They're needing lots of volunteers, and we would all love it if
you can make it out! Play with hardware, help out children all around
the Triangle, and eat Free Pizza to top it off!! Always a blast, we hope
to see you there! All the information you need is below!

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
John & The T4T Staff

Come help us put smiles on childrens' faces for the holidays -

Join Us For The

Technology Action Group

&

Purple Elephant Computer Factory * FOR KIDS!

Hardware Party

Lots of Fun & Free Lunch (Pizza & Drinks) Around 1 PM!

This is a great opportunity to help provide computers to

underprivileged children and schools that otherwise could not afford
these!

When:  Saturday, December 10, 2005  *  10 am - 4 pm

Volunteers are needed for:  * Morning shift (10 am-1 pm)  * Afternoon
shift (1-4 pm)

If you prefer to volunteer for less or more than a 3-hour shift, you are
welcome to do so!

Where:  Purple Elephant Computer Factory for Kids!

6808 Davis Circle, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC 27613

(919) 788-7740 * http://www.purpleelephant.org

(Plenty of parking is available in front of the building.)

Are You Interested in Being a Team Captain?

We will need some team captains to do the following.  Coordination with
team captains will be provided to insure proper coverage for both rooms.

*   Keep track of each volunteer's time.

*   Notify the warehouse of any hardware needing upgrading, repairing,
and testing.

*   Answer volunteers' questions about procedures, hardware, etc.

*   And many other fun things!

Thank you for any help that you may be able to give, it is truly
appreciated.  Your contribution plays an important role in our effort to
provide computers to underprivileged children and schools that otherwise
could not afford these.

Note:  If this message has reached you by mistake or to opt out of any
future mailings, please notify us via E-mail at removeme at TechAction.org
and enter "REMOVE_Your Name" in the Subject line.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you there!

Ellen Rogers

Volunteer Coordinator, Technology Action Group

The Technology Action Group (techaction) is a nonprofit organization,
which returns value to the community by providing highly skilled,
value-added Information Technology (IT) assistance and services to local
nonprofit charitable and educational organizations in the Triangle area
of North Carolina.   For more information, please visit:
http://www.Techaction.org.