[TriLUG] need feedback on a linksys SRW224 (24 port switch w/webview)

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:20:01 EST 2005

The old BayStack 350T that is currently running my wireless empire at
the outer banks is dying and needs to be replaced.  Having looked
around I found a Linksys SRW224 unit that looks like it will fit the
bill.  The device did not review well on amazon (mostly due to the
password being a max of six characters and auto-truncating longer
PWs).  The password issue aside this still looks like a good,
inexpensive switch.  If you have one would you recommend someone
purchase this unit?  Budget is limited or else I'd just five in a
purchase a Cisco 3550 but this is not an option.

Greg