[TriLUG] Sync samba passwords with NIS

John-David Henderson jd at savagegeek.com
Fri Dec 9 13:02:38 EST 2005

Ok, since I have moved the working NIS in AIX to a Linux NIS my password syncing has broken.

So when a windows user changes their password on a windoz box, it used to password snc to the nis server, but since I have moved the nis server from aix to linux something broke.

I am starting the yppassword file with the working dir -D /var/yp -e chsh

Anbody have any clues as to what I am missing for the password sync to work with the linux nis server.  Samba is currently on a linux debian box right now and nis is on redhat.

JD Henderson M:919.649.5589 jd at savagegeek.com