[TriLUG] need feedback on a linksys SRW224 (24 port switch w/webview)

Josh Vickery vickeryj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:47:39 EST 2005

I have two of those switches and aside from the password issue, they
work very well.

We connected the two switches using gigabit fiber miniGBICs.
Plugging in a miniGBIC disables one of the two copper gigabit ports,
but this was deemed acceptable as the solution has performed very
well, for an incredibly low price.

In my opinion the Linksys SRW224 is an excellent deal for the money.
Given the performance and feature set, I think this switch is
essential a downmarket branded Cisco part.