[TriLUG] MIDI Software Synths?

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 00:01:15 EST 2005

are you using a low-latency kernel?  are you using JACK audio?

i use the AGNULA Project's DeMuDi distro for recording, editing,
sampling, and drum machine work. it all worked [for me anyway]
flawlessly after installation.

www.agnula.org

look into Rosegarden for composition. "closest thing to cubase for linux."
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

i do not use midi however. but i would look into the newest
version of DeMudi. there is a live CD, as well as an install
CD.
to add, this has been the only "out of the box" distro that
i have used for music that's been of any use to me. i have used
Red Hat with low-latency patches, as well as Mandrake, SUSE,
and Debian. DeMuDi is the Debian version of this project; they also
have a Red Hat version called RehMuDi. i am intersted to hear what
you come up with. keep it posted.