[TriLUG] 'reboot' doesn't

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Dec 12 14:14:28 EST 2005

Check that the ACPI or APM kernel modules are loaded, or that support is
compiled into the kernel..  Honestly I don't know if the stock kernel
has it compiled in or as a module.

Elaborate on 'shutdown' working fine.  Do you mean 'shutdown -h' or
'shutdown -r'?  If 'shutdown -r' works fine, can you resort to using
that instead of 'reboot' or is it a question of scripts that rely on
'reboot' (of course, why one would want any script to automatically
reboot a server is beyond me)?

~B