[TriLUG] More computer trivia...

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Dec 13 10:21:45 EST 2005

Heh..  I feel so young in this thread..  Although some of my first
computing experiences were with BASICA on the green-screen Compaq
Portables that Dad occasionally brought home from work..  And I do
recall some that had only 5 1/4" floppy drives and no HD, which gave way
to one 5 1/4" floppy drive and one whopping 10-MB HD.

Of course, that was when I was five..

We have a Commodore Plus+4 somewhere..  No peripherals at all though, so
it tended to get tedious having to write down my programs on paper and
re-key them every time...  Eventually its ROM got a little buggered
somehow as well.  But it was awesome in that it supported more colors
and had a 3-voice melody and noise generator.

Those were the days, though! (-:
~B