[TriLUG] Apache with mod_perl

Corey ohkeepah at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:29:44 EST 2005

Hi,
I am setting up a testing web server on an Averatec 3270 running
Ubuntu 5.04and Apache 2.  The goal is to use it to test perl scripts
(just learning) as
well as php and mysql.  So far I have installed apache, php, mod_perl and
mysql through apt-get.  The testphp.php script works fine as well as mysql
but I don't know how to configure apache to run perl scripts.  I don't have
a cgi bin, or if one is there I don't know where it is.  Could anyone
instruct me what I would have to do in apache2.conf to execute .pl scripts
and where i need to put a cgi directory?  http://localhost is directed to
/var/www/.
corey