[TriLUG] More computer trivia...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 13 17:18:00 EST 2005

Oh my gosh... Flowcharting!  The only time I ever used flowcharting was
on tests.

I learned programing one night in 1977 while a Junior in High School.
I'm sure most of the folks on this list just naturally understand how to
program - they just "get it"...

The process of programming (dividing a logic problem into discrete
easily solvable chunks) just makes so much sense that most of us never
had to rely on something as cumbersome as a flow chart. The function of
the program defines its structure, and each node of the structure
defines the algorithms to be used. It's a natural flow from "need" to
"design" to "programming elements".

Flowcharts are *pretty* though...

Jon Carnes