[TriLUG] UNIX architecture page needed

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:41:07 EST 2005

Especially since Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy" came out, I've been feeling like
I have less external pressure to poke under the "hood" since stuff
mostly Just Works. That's partly why I've pestered people to
contribute to our TriLUG wiki--I want to learn!

Since I haven't done so in awhile, I'd like to implore the TriLUG
community once again to take up the task of adding to and editing the
"Linux Essential Knowledge" page on the wiki.

Not your cup of tea? How about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=UNIX_architecture&action=edit

"UNIX architecture" needs an entry in en.wikipedia.org (authored by
someone who can do it justice)! NB: this needs to be _UNIX_
architecture, not just Linux architecture. A page that had a blithe
pointer to "Linux architecture" was already deleted

Imagine an article authored by TriLUG members becoming one of the
featured articles!

Alternatively, you can buy me the following books and I'll write it up myself ;)

_UNIX_in_a_Nutshell_ (ISBN: 0596100299)
_UNIX_System_Architecture_ (ISBN: 0139498435)
_Understanding_the_Linux_Kernel,_Third_Edition_ (ISBN: 0-596-00565-2)

-CMP

--

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student