[TriLUG] Telling KDE to sit down and shut the F*CK UP!

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:10:58 EST 2005

I think that's handled by ivman.

Check out the config in /etc/ivman/IvmConfigActions.xml and you should
be able to comment out everything (you might want to keep the
automount bits, which is handy) that does all the "user-friendly"
Konqueror invocations, etc.

Or you could just try typing "init 3" at a bash prompt, and this
shouldn't be a problem anymore.  ;-)

Merry Xmas --

Shane O.

On 12/16/05, Brian Weaver <cmdrclueless at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know what magical setting to use in KDE so that it will not pop up a
> new konqueror browser when I mount a CDROM in FC4. I don't need KDE's help
> browsing the file system, especially not a graphical browser. Bash works
> just fine in Konsole! I've tried turning off half a dozen daemons in the
> control center, along with numerious other settings. Nothing seem to make a
> bit of difference though.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Brian

Shane O.