[TriLUG] Telling KDE to sit down and shut the F*CK UP!

Brian Weaver cmdrclueless at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:38:28 EST 2005

'init 3', yes novel and appropriate :-)

No I managed to finally get KDE to behave properly using the following
steps...
  1) log out
  2) <ctrl>-<alt>-<f1> (this gets you to a virtual console)
  3) login
  4) rm -rf ~/.kde .kderc
  5) logout
  6) <ctrl>-<alt><f7> (puts you back in X)
  7) login and reconfigure KDE just like last time using the control center.

Now everything works as desired.

-Weave

P.S. Be sure to tell the family "Merry Christmas" for me Shane. Hope you
have a happy holiday season :-)