[TriLUG] dial-up modem bank

Barry Gaskins barry.gaskins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 10:36:02 EST 2005

    I have seen some old boxes like what you are talking about at the NCSU
surplus equipment sale from time to time.  I did not see any the last time I
went (last Friday) so if this is an immediate need then this might not be
the best option.  When they do get any to sell they usually put a $20 price
tag on it and if it does not sell then the next week they will mark it down
to $10 and if it still does not sell they mark it down to $5 ...   Many
times these boxes get down to $1 and still dont sell.  They are sold "AS IS"
usually without any manuals or other documentation but you can often find
information online by searching google.  You are allowed to plug it in to do
verify that it powers on but not take it apart or anything.

   If you are in more of a hurry then you might look on ebay.  You can
probably find one cheap but watch out for shipping (and "handling") charges
that can be more than the sale price.

   - Barry Gaskins