[TriLUG] I have a Wireless Problem ,Could anyone help me

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:05:49 EST 2005

I've been seeing this on my system.  I recently moved from a 2.6.13
kernel (which didn't have ipw2200 drivers so I was using externally
built modules) to a 2.6.14 kernel which does have the drivers in the
mainline kernel.  With that move, the firmware and driver version
regressed.  I think though you can safely ignore the message.  I'm
anxiously awaiting 2.6.15 which will have a modern version of the ipw
drivers included.

On 12/18/05, Chinmay Patel <chinmay.gujarat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am Chinmay (NCSU Grad student).I have the following problem in my Dell
> Laptop running on Fedora Core 3:
> Now,a couple of days back my Wireless was working well,but yesterday my
> wireless was not connecting,so i tried changing a setting in Bit
> Rate.Butnow the wirelss is not at all working.
> *It shows all the Wireless networks * when i give "iwlist eth1 scan"
> command.BUt during connection it says :
> *Error for Wireless Request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20)
> SET Failed on device eth1;operation not supported*
> **
> And hence it cant acquire IP address.So could anyone please help me solve
> this.
>

> Chinmay

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com