[TriLUG] Video Phone Software

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Mon Dec 19 11:40:25 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 11:36:55AM -0500, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> > Free World Dialup also offers an all-in-one (IM, voice, video) tool called
> > Pulver.Communicator, but I have not had any experience with this program.  I
> > believe it uses SIP for session setup.
> >
> > Best of luck in your quest for a Free solution that also meets your needs.
>
> It's truly ironic when I get dinged for mentioning a non-free (as in speech)
> solution and then the person doing the dinging goes ahead and also mentions
> a non-free solution.  Bit of a mixed message there, Kevin.

The software in this case may not be open source, but the protocols it uses
are open.  It's a compromise between completely Free and usable that your
solution fails to even attempt to offer.

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5