[TriLUG] Video Phone Software

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:44:22 EST 2005

On 12/19/05, Kevin Otte <nivex at nivex.net> wrote:
> The software in this case may not be open source, but the protocols it uses
> are open.  It's a compromise between completely Free and usable that your
> solution fails to even attempt to offer.

None of which the original poster asked about.  All he asked about was
cross-platform video.  I merely pointed out that Skype would do what he
asked.  It is up to each person on the list to make their own decisions
as to what they want to run and the fact that I didn't do an exhaustive
comparison of everything out there doesn't make my suggestion any less
valid.  In fact, it probably makes things better since it obviously spurred
you to post other options (which is a good thing).

But, it's still incredibly ironic of you to complain about a non-free solution
and then suggest one yourself.

Cheers,
Tanner

--