[TriLUG] What Distro Would You Recommend?

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Mon Dec 19 15:20:37 EST 2005

+1 Ubuntu.

I agree that Ubuntu is one of the easiest to install with auto config
drivers
especially with international language support. In addition to X86, I
also tested
it on the PPC (PowerMac G3 and G4) without any problem.  Now I wish to see
the Ubuntu's port to the alpha platform if possible since Debian did.

I had a happy installation on the Thinkpad 240.
It recognized and installed the sound card driver without
any problem ( while I had hard time to install on other distro).
Ubuntu works very nicely on this 2 pound IBM hardware to let me
do some mobile site testings very productively.

Thanks,

Liyun