[TriLUG] Non-computer DVD burners

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:50:23 EST 2005

I know that this is OT, but since this is a pretty tech savvy crowd I
thought I'd ask.

My Mom (8x years old) wants to be able to convert her collection of
VHS tapes to DVDs.  She's only barely computer literate. She still
calls me to ask me things like "Is it okay to install this Adobe
acrobat thingie."  I'm looking at this as a potential Christmas
present.

I'm figuring that a combo VCR/DVD burner is going to work better for
her than a separate DVD burner. I was wondering if anyone had any
experience with any of these things, particularly the ones that local
stores like Best Buy carry, since I'd like to buy it and carry it up
there when we visit next week.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site