[TriLUG] Non-computer DVD burners

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:55:49 EST 2005

On 12/20/05, David A. Cafaro <dac at trilug.org> wrote:
> Well depending on your budget and how flexible you want to be, you could
> get one of these:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827131609
>
> I have the previous release, the VRDVC10, and it has worked very well.
> I purchased it to convert old vhs tapes to DVD without the need of a
> computer.  After I convert it I can then hook it up to the computer
> (works well with linux) and re-arrange the content and re-burn the disk
> if I so choose.

Thanks, but I don't think that it would work for my mom. I doubt that
she will be much interested in re-editing anything.  I've got in mind
one of the combo VCR/DVD burner boxes, which should give her pretty
much a one-button copy operation.  Best Buy has several of these for
about $180 or so.

Best Buy also has just a TV DVD burner (kind of a VCR replacement
which records to DVDs) for about $80-90. I'm actually thinking about
getting one of those for myself, but I still think mom would be better
with a one-box solution.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site