[TriLUG] Best wireless pcmcia for WPA

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:59:50 EST 2005

On 12/20/05, Jason White <jason at jw2.org> wrote:
> So, does anyone have suggestions for a pcmcia card that supports WPA?
> (preferably without the kludgy ndis-wrapper drivers)

The Intel ipw2200 driver ( for the 2200 b/g and 2915 a/b/g wireless
chipsets) works well, has open source drivers which as of 2.6.14 is in
the mainline kernel.  wpa_supplicant supposedly works with it, though
I've never gotten it to work in my 20 minutes or so of playing with
it.

If anyone has achieved wpa on the ipw series cards, I'd be very
interested in your setup.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com