[TriLUG] GPG/PGP questions -- was: CACert Assurance

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Dec 20 14:53:50 EST 2005

I tried to get into PGP/GPG'ing my mail a while back (several years) but
had kinda given up because the support for it in Mozilla mail was rather
poor.  Now that I've upgraded to Thunderbird, this get-together seems
like a perfect opportunity to get back into it.

Can anyone point me to a good how-to on getting started again?
What's the difference between PGP and GPG?
How do I decide which I should use?
Work requires Windows on my laptop - so I mostly live in windows - is
that a consideration at all?

TIA,

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> No, this would be an excellent opportunity for GPG/PGP keysigning
> as well.  The CACert Assurer had even brought that up himself.  I hadn't
> mentioned it in my e-mail since it was already quite long, but yes,
> a great idea!

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software