[TriLUG] Open source spam control & filtering?

Chad Thomsen chad.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 08:01:21 EST 2005

How difficult is this stuff to setup and manage?  I am a linux newbie and
have managed to successfully get a snort/centos/apachee/php  box up and
running here at work.  Only thing left is to get bleeding snort with
oinkmaster working on it.

I first thought of open source when I was looking at Barracuda.  Barracuda
is based off of Linux/Spam Assissn which made me think "Why can't I build my
own "baraccuda" box?"  My major concerns are:  How much time to manage it?
How long to get up to speed with it?  How is the support/longevity of the
software (will it go comercial like snort/nessus)?

I was also curious as to what you all run in the corporate envrionment.

Thanks!

Chad