[TriLUG] Gallery/PHP Problem

Scott Lundgren trilug at capitalfellow.com
Tue Dec 27 11:32:03 EST 2005

> *Fatal error*: Cannot redeclare makegalleryurl() (previously
> declared in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/gallery/lib/url.php:18) in */
> var/www/localhost/htdocs/gallery/lib/url.php* on line *18
>
> *I just don't get why the problems aren't reproducible.  Sometimes
> it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Anybody have any ideas?

Try isolating the problem between Apache, PHP, and Gallery.
	Does apache generally run correctly for all other uses but this
installation of gallery?
	Follow up on Owen's advice and look through your apache logs, see if
there are complaints in error_log (or whatever you named it httpd.conf)
	If there is not any other php web applications running on this
server, can you emerge something else as a test, and does it work
"out of the box" ?
	If that application works fine and is not bjork'd then start
isolating between PHP and gallery
		Find your php.ini file and ensure that:
		error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE # all errors but notices
		log_errors = On # write PHP and application errors to a log file
		error_log = /some/path/to/php_error_log  # wherever you want
	With that turned on either you'll start finding complaints from PHP
itself (permissions, modules, etc) or the application developers
(*hopefully*) logged errors as they occur.

- SL