[TriLUG] nVidia Problems

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Thu Dec 29 23:00:43 EST 2005

Craig Duncan wrote:

> This is what you need http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nvidia-guide.xml
> Try the merging the nividia kernel module then rebuilding your kernel.
> You may eant to avoid genkernel, though

That's actually exactly the guide I was following when I got to the step
where you have to modprobe the nvidia module and it failed.  Before I
used genkernel, the kernel I built wouldn't boot.  It's not a machine
I'm terribly familiar with either, so I decided to use genkernel to get
it to boot (and that worked).  I think I may need to use genkernel with
the --menuconfig option to make sure things are correct for the nividia
module...  Thanks!

Randy