[TriLUG] Opening the firehose (was: 802.11g WiFi Card)

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Mon Jan 9 00:04:36 EST 2006

Troll (a.k.a Jim) -

You know, I'm always amused when the pot calls the kettle black.
Considering I came here with the best intentions to get some useful
information, gave a clear warning that comments that were unhelpful
would not be appreciated, IN PARTICULAR the constant reminder that you
were unable to correctly configure or diagnose issues with your wifi
whenever the subject of 802.11a\b\g comes up. Considering that TO THIS
DAY you are quite possibly the only person on this list who has these
issues, I think it's time to face facts and accept that the technology
in question was not at fault.

All things being equal, I really enjoy watching you fill google with
glowing recommendations as to why someone should bring your company
into their environment. In the end, though, I suppose everyone needs
to make mistakes - as long as they learn from them.

Thinking of learning, you're correct. Since I've spent such a small
fraction of my time helping build TriLUG, I suppose I need to watch my
Ps and Qs. I sincerely doubt anyone can compare to the effort and time
you have put in securing services for TriLUG, negotiating funding and
member benefits, or organizing meetings and speakers. I should learn
to respect my elders.

Oh, wait, I forgot - sarcasm doesn't express itself over the Internet
very well. How about this: Until you have something constructive to
put into the group, or have put in the time, blood, sweat, and tears
of other members, you should probably shut your pie-hole.

And on a side note, until such time as Neuse River Networks is listed
by a certified Diety in a Holy Book of Scripture, any use by me can be
considered within the realm of fair use. Unless you're purporting to
be the second coming of Christ, in which case I strongly recommend you
go talk to Pat Robertson instead of wasting our time - he needs more
of your wisdom than we do at the moment.

And alas, I don't smoke pipe, I only lay it. If you choose to smoke
pipe, that's up to you.

-- kevin at sonney.com
-- ksonney at gmail.com
-- ICQ: 4855069