[TriLUG] Corporate solutions for spyware?

Chad Thomsen chad.thomsen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:14:46 EST 2006

This may be off topic because spyware is usually a windows issue.  That
being said what are folks doing about spyware in a corporate environment.
Is spyware that big of a deal to worry about in a corporate environment (200
user network).  We have all windows clients, windows, linux and AS400
servers.  I have already implemented spam and anivirus solutions but am
wondering if the spyware is a real issue for a small to medium size business
and what  products to look at.

I am looking at a Barracuda applicance currently if I get a solution.  I
can't go with Linux based (home built) because I don't have enough time to
baby sit it and its nice to have managment point the finger at Barracuda if
something goes wrong with THEIR applicance and not my home built solution.

Any advice and/or opinions appreciated.