[TriLUG] Docbook, PDF and Ubuntu (5.10)

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Mon Jan 9 14:41:17 EST 2006

Glad to hear that it helped you out. I also preferred the xmlto solution
as it ran faster (actually worked in my case), but the results weren't
so good. xmlto is actually a toolchain that uses a number of other
programs for generating documents. PassiveTex is used for PDF
generation, and, when I looked at it for my project, it seemed to be
incomplete and not being maintained anymore. I was surprised it was
still being used in mainline Linux distros, but I guess there was
nothing else - FOP was new and incomplete, and requires Java.

This is an excellent reference, BTW:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html

Owen