[TriLUG] Re: Newbie question reguarding YUM and Linux.

Chad Thomsen chad.thomsen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 07:49:31 EST 2006

I know this is not linux realated but I work as a Windows/AS400/Linux
admin.  Patched my citrix servers over night.  Came in the next morning and
they did not work.  That right there is grounds not to allow auto patching.
In that situation, an in all server patching situations, I allow for "extra"
time the day after to deal with any for seen issues.

I asked the question because I was wondering if Linux was any better/worse
the windows in THIS reguard.  My guess was right, and it is basically the
same.  From a patching/fix point of view, an operating system is an
operating system, with  the exception that some OSes have a history of
releasing bad patches or patches that cause issues with other software.

Good discussion and that Red Hat instructor is crazy.