[TriLUG] What distro do you use AT WORK on your SERVERS.

erik at underhanded.org erik at underhanded.org
Wed Jan 11 14:32:47 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:53:09AM -0500, Chad Thomsen wrote:
> Was curious as to what folks use in the corporate environment on there
> SERVERS and why you use that distro.  I am not trying to start a flame fest
> over which distro is better either as I know some have extreamly strong
> opinions on this.   I am a new linux users and I am using Centos.

Our older (installed before I got here) servers are flavors of Redhat.
The current servers that I set up are all Debian Unstable, due to a lot
of development that goes on, and a need to run current versions of
various packages.

After much going back and forth with other distros for the past few
years, having Debian's package system/archives and (enforced) adherance
to the FHS is hard to give up.  Especially when dealing with new
software.

Haven't regretted it yet. :)

ICQ: 116080581 | Jabber: azhrarn at underhanded.org
AIM/Y!: AzhrarnLOD | IRC: Azhrarn @ irc.chatspike.net
( Vim, Tabs, BSD Braces, Debian, and Perl )