Gentoo advantage? (was: [TriLUG] What distro do you use AT WORK on your SERVERS.)

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Jan 11 21:46:36 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 05:01:38PM -0500, Cristobal Palmer wrote:

> -CMP
>
> PS. Nobody is using slackware in production? Yellow Dog? DSL? rpath?
> Something I haven't heard of?

Actually, I am running rPath on one machine ( sort of remote desktop )
 -- I don't have a terminal ( or equivalent ) attached to any of my
 machines except my "primary workstation" -- everything else is SSH.

The others are running versions of Debian and Ubuntu -- I think I
retired the last Knoppix-on-a-hard-drive -- and TinySofa.

The laptop, after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears while I couldn't
pursuade it to install, is now, once again, running an rPath
distribution, Orleans.

Brian

P.S. I guess I need to do an inventory, and find out _what_ I have.  One
of them _may_ still be running great grandson of Slack.

B-)