[TriLUG] Laptop RAM Needs a Good Home

Randy Barlow rpbarlow at ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 13 09:55:24 EST 2006

Howdy Triluggers,

I've recently upgraded my machine to 2 GB, so I've got a spare 512 MB
module. I wanted to give TriLUG first dibbs on the RAM. Here are the specs:

DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR333 • 2.5V • 64Meg x 64

It is manufactured by Elpida, if that makes any difference to you (it's
the RAM that came with my Toshiba Satellite A55). It's a 200-pin SODIMM.
Oh, and just to keep this relevant to the list, the proceeds from the
sale of this RAM will be donated to TriLUG :)

How much do I want for it? I'm taking the best offer given by 10 am
tomorrow (I'll even take free!). There is one more thing you should know
about the RAM - it's possible that I damaged it, but I have not tested
it. I tried it in my friend's laptop because I thought it would be
reverse compatible, and boy was I wrong. Her machine did all kinds of
crazy stuff after that, but it seems to work properly now that I've
removed the RAM. So, in the event that you buy it and the RAM doesn't
work, I will be happy to refund your money (unless you got it for free :))

--
Randy Barlow
Research Assistant
rpbarlow at ncsu.edu