[TriLUG] slow external drive

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Sat Jan 14 01:49:47 EST 2006

Alan Porter wrote:
> The slow USB drive problem has been solved.
> I replaced the $6 NewEgg USB card with a $18
> Intrex USB card and it works just fine.
>
> Thanks for all of the suggestions and help.

You're not going to give us a hint as to which card to possibly avoid in
the future? :)

I bought this USB 2.0 + firewire card from newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815124002

USB works just fine, I haven't tried the firewire yet.  I had a USB 2.0
hard drive hooked up at one time and I recall it working as fast as my
laptop.  I've probably burned over 100 DVDs using this card as well.

Pat