[TriLUG] geek-friendly ISP's

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Wed Jan 25 21:57:53 EST 2006

> The point is: I want an ISP that will let me run services.

Speakeasy.

> Just curious, what do other folks run?  Specifically, I am
> interested in people who run services (SMTP/POP/IMAP, VPN,
> whatever) from their homes.

I run mainly ssh, smtp, imap, and http off of my system.

Speakeasy does not block *any* ports. They explicitly allow servers in their T&Cs. They'll change the reverse DNS lookup of your IPs to match whatever forward lookups you may have. Their support has been absolutely kick ass as well - I basically can't say enough good things about them.

Feel free to contact me off-list with any questions about them, but all the information you're looking for should be available off their website. If you're feling kind, sign up via this link: http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/261920

--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us