[TriLUG] geek-friendly ISP's

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Sat Jan 28 12:08:49 EST 2006

Just my two cents:

I'm currently on residential Verizon DSL in northern Durham.  I've never
seen any problems with blocked ports.

At one time I was on RoadRunner near NCSU and found port 80 blocked.

Later I moved to a location off Tryon Rd near Garner, still RR, but no block
on port 80.

Go figure..  (Then again, the port blocking could have been my roommate
misconfiguring his firewall..  I'll never know for sure..)

~B