[TriLUG] CentOS image weirdness

John Franklin franklin at elfie.org
Sat Jan 28 17:48:49 EST 2006

You should be able to dd if=/dev/random of=faux.iso bs=1M count=650,
burn the result and not get the errors you're experiencing.  If they're
really happening at the same sector on all three copies, then either (a)
the manufacturer has a bit of dust on that spot of the machine, or (b)
your reader has an issue with that spot.

--
John Franklin <franklin at elfie.org>