[TriLUG] [Fwd: Global Firm located in Richmond, VA]
lovelace at wayfarer.org
Thu Feb 2 17:28:54 EST 2006
1. Please reply directly to the address below. I
am not affiliated with with this at all so if you
respond back to me, I can't help you.
2. Please make sure you respond directly to the
address below and *not* the list address. Let's
see if we can can break our string of potential
job applicants sending responses to the list. :-)
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Global Firm located in Richmond, VA
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:06:20 -0500 (EST)
From: melody at algomod.com
My name is Melody and I'm an IT recruiter at Algomod Technologies
Corporation. Please advise if interested in the below position working
with a Global Firm located in Richmond, VA. If so, please respond to
this email with current resume, thanks.
3 months plus extension
We are seeking an Services Specialist resource skilled in Linux Redhat
Installation. Candidate will be required to perform the following:
- We are seeking a candidate to assist customer in its plans to migrate
its current Linux environment from Red Hat Enterprise Linux v. 3 to
the most current version, Red Hat Enterprise Linux v. 4
- Candidates will assist in the planning, migration and documentation of
customer's internal project
- Provide two (2) senior technical resources for six (6) weeks each (for
a total of 12 weeks), to assist the customer team
- These resources will be involved in DDE's QA, Testing, and Dev
- Will work closely with customer to provide analysis, testing,
planning, execution and knowledge transfer for an essentially new RHEL 4
- The Supplier personnel shall be experienced professionals with a
strong understanding of Linux engineering practices, release cycles,
deployment methodologies, and as well as other Open Source technologies.
- Described below are examples of the functions and work Supplier will
perform at customerýs direction under this Statement of Work:
- Review the existing RHEL 3 build for the different environments
- Identify any anomalies and review the ISV stack for the anticipated
RHEL 4 build
- Design and Architect RHEL 4 based on the Client's requirement and ISV
- Assist the Client in defining migration plan for the existing
application running on RHEL 3 into RHEL 4
- Will develop scripts / tools as needed.
- Will assist with development, management, and troubleshooting of
- Will review performance and provide tuning recommendation as needed.
Will deliver final documentations for the planned RHEL 4 core build and
- As time permits, and as directed by the Client, Supplier will provide
knowledge transfer and best practices around implementation of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux V. 4
If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change,
or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and
interest, please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In
considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.
Algomod Technologies Corp.
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either
because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to
which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to
Algomod. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment
opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.
If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I
contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of
availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I
respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment
options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.
Algomod Technologies Corporation
For more job opportunities: www.algomod.com <http://www.algomod.com>
More information about the TriLUG