[TriLUG] geek-friendly ISP's

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 22:11:47 EST 2006

Yep. Speakeasy is simply years ahead of their competition.
You pay extra for the minimal Bandwidth but it operates just like CIR.
The cost is cheaper than a T1 and it works really well with our VoIP.

Speakeasy also sells Hosted VoIP (they use the same model as FeatureTel
but with a national focus), and they have built their network to handle
the demands of VoIP.

I also love their "Portal" that lets you see every imaginable stat about
your connectivity and the detailed scheduling of any service that is
pending for your account.

We've also been trying to get the local TW guys to do guaranteed minimal
bandwidth. Every few months we call them up and they get really excited
about it. I have a feeling that locally they would love to offer a CIR
type product - but  as soon as they send the idea up to corp, the big
rubber stamp always comes down: NO.

I guess they want to keep TW focused on the home consumer.

Jon Carnes