[TriLUG] looking for good read-only linux

Brian Weaver cmdrclueless at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:21:01 EST 2006

Greg

You might check out SLAX

http://slax.linux-live.org/

It uses compressed file system "objects" (loopback mounts) that it
merges into a coherent file system tree using UnionFS. You can
probably pear it down to just what you need and it's designed for
"live CD" type setups. So it should probably do what you want with
respect to a read-only system.

-Brian