[TriLUG] IMAP Shared Folders

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:34:42 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, Tarus Balog <tarus at opennms.org> wrote:
> I think I tried Cyrus out a couple of years ago and could never get
> it working. If memory serves, is that the one that doesn't
> support .procmail?

Well, you can make it support procmail, but it's not pretty.
Instead, it uses sieve which is specifically designed for
mail sorting and won't let users arbitrarily open security
holes the way procmail will.  Also, there are nice web
interfaces to sieve that let you modify your sorting rules
through a web browser.

> I'm using dovecot now. Do you think it would be easy to migrate?

As long as you've got imap access, I can give you the scripts
I used to migrate both my own wu-imap mail server (with several
GB of mail) to cyrus and also migrate the old TriLUG wu-imap
server (with even more GB of mail and many more users).

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace