[TriLUG] tomcat questions

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:49:14 EST 2006

I've got Tomcat5 running on CentOS 4.2 a P3 1.13 w/ 512GB of RAM and
it takes it a fair amount of time to load, which boggles me... but my
understanding is this is b/c the size of the application I'm starting
is quite large.  Even after the service says "OK" that it has started
(which happens fairly quickly), I still must wait sometimes up to 30
seconds before attaching to the web app.  This is my test machine, my
production machine is a dual Xeon 3.0 w/ 4GB ram, so I'm sure to see a
change there!  :)

just my observations of my own recent implementation
David